Hey guys! On March 17th, 2021 we posted about a rumour that the LEGO Space Shuttle was going to be the Columbia. Well, rumours were wrong! You can revisit that post HERE. Instead, the next big Creator Expert set, the LEGO NASA Space Shuttle Discovery 10283 was launched today and will release on April 01, 2021.
Check out the LEGO Designers video:
You can get the opinion of the new set with YouTuber, just2good, here:
Watch YouTuber, Brick Depot, for a speed build:
Catch the interview with former NASA astronaut, Dr. Kathy Sullivan, with YouTuber, Geek Culture:
The Space Shuttle Discovery 10283 will only include the orbiter and will not have the rockets or fuel tank, like previous models. However, it will have a functioning landing gear, adjustable elevators and rudders, as well as a hinged loading hatch. The set can be presented on a black stand, similar to some LEGO Star Wars sets, demonstrating that the flight is indeed, in space. A collectors badge will also be included that contains all important data information.
What makes this set so special is the detailed recreation of the Hubble Space Telescope, which can be displayed in three ways:
- Next to the shuttle, on a stand
- Attach it to the Remote Manipulator System (robotic arm).
- Folded up in the cargo bay.
The American Space Shuttle program’s 35th mission, STS-31, launched in from Kennedy Space Center in Florida in 1990. This wasn’t the Space Shuttle’s first mission, but was in fact the first mission that deployed the Hubble Space Telescope into Earth orbit. From 1984 – 2011 this Space Shuttle was the most frequently used space shuttle.
LEGO SET DESCRIPTION:
Celebrate the wonders of space with the LEGO® NASA space shuttle “Discovery” (10283). This 2,354-piece construction set for adults lets you recreate the space shuttle “Discovery” and the Hubble space telescope, which flew into space in 1990 as part of NASA’s STS-31 space mission.
From the perspective of an astronaut
The detailed model pays tribute to the fantastic performance of the Discovery. Open the payload bay to send the Hubble Space Telescope on its mission to explore the cosmos. Adjust the elevators, use the robot arm and extend the landing gear after re-entering. The cockpit can be opened and gives a view of the flight deck and middle deck with seats for a total of 5 astronauts. The telescope has movable solar modules and a shutter. Several brackets allow you to display the space shuttle and the telescope together or individually.
A great construction project
The LEGO NASA space shuttle “Discovery” (10283) is one of a whole series of models that allow adults to escape everyday life and attract admiring glances.
- Explore space with the LEGO® NASA space shuttle “Discovery” (10283).
- The captivating construction project will keep you busy for many hours while you recreate the space shuttle “Discovery” and the Hubble space telescope from NASA’s STS-31 space mission in 1990.
- Marvel at the opening payload bay, the retractable landing gear, the opening cockpit, the movable elevators, the robot arm and the 5 seats for the astronauts.
- The faithful LEGO® version of the Hubble space telescope has movable solar panels and a flap.
- Are you looking for a great gift for an adult who loves creative projects? This space shuttle model appeals to space fans and all adults who are looking forward to an exciting construction challenge.
- The set includes an illustrated book with building instructions and inspiring design details. Several brackets make the space shuttle a spectacular eye-catcher that attracts everyone’s attention in the living room or office.
- The space shuttle is 21 cm high, 54 cm long and 34 cm wide. The perfect size to display.
- The space shuttle is one of a whole series of building sets to collect for adult LEGO® fans who appreciate great design. The perfect gift for adults who love to build models.
- LEGO® bricks are made from high quality materials. They are uniform and compatible and can be plugged together firmly and separated again easily every time – and have been doing so since 1958.
- When it comes to LEGO® parts, safety and quality come first. That is why rigorous tests are carried out to ensure that the model is as robust as it is spectacular.
DESIGNER MILAN MADGE
How do you feel about the Hubble telescope included, instead of the rockets and the fuel tank? Comment below!
Support the website
Do you enjoy the content? I spend 2-3hrs a day trying to provide LEGO news and deals. If you do, please consider purchasing from our affiliate links to support the website. Thank you!