Hey guys! On June 5, 2021 we got our first glimpse of the LEGO Technic Heavy-Duty Tow Truck 42128 when it appeared in the official LEGO Japanese catalogue. However, it was short lived after the online catalogue was taken down. Check out that post HERE. About a month later, LEGO officially revealed the set, along with the LEGO Technic 4 × 4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Trial Truck 42129. You can revisit that post HERE. Both sets are due to release in a couple weeks on August 1, 2021.
Today, we bring you some reviews of the LEGO Technic Heavy-Duty Tow Truck 42128 from a few of our favourite LEGO YouTubers and Bloggers:
LEGO Technic Heavy-duty Tow Truck 42128
- Set #: 42128
- Set Theme: Technic
- Set Name: Heavy-duty Tow Truck
- Recommended Age: 11+
- # of Parts: 2017
- Figures: None
- Release Date: August 01, 2021
Official LEGO Description
When it comes to rescuing stranded vehicles, this LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-duty Tow Truck takes any job in its stride. Take your time building this mighty truck then check out all its neat features and classic design details. With realistic pneumatic and mechanical functions, this model is the perfect way to experience the power of a classic tow truck.
Open up the world of engineering with this LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-duty Tow Truck (42128) model. Packed with details, it’s a great tribute to the world’s best-loved tow trucks. Check out its authentic grille, air filters, lights, tailpipe, and fresh color scheme. Then explore all the pneumatic and mechanical functions that make this model so realistic. A construction toy packed with working functions. This tow truck toy with crane is filled with impressive features. Open the hood to see the 6-cylinder inline engine with moving pistons. Steer by rotating the pin on the roof. Activate the crane, pump up the boom, pull out the winch and extend the outriggers. And for the first time in LEGO Technic history, this vehicle has a lifting axle to pull down extra wheels and spread the weight of loads. A great introduction to engineering. LEGO Technic sets feature realistic movement and mechanisms that introduce LEGO builders to the universe of engineering in an approachable and realistic way.
• Explore the engineering brilliance of classic tow trucks with this LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-duty Tow Truck 42128 toy building kit. Enjoy the build, then explore the model’s many features and functions.
• Just like a real heavy-duty tow truck, this model features pneumatic pump functions including an extending lifting boom, a lifting crane boom and an extending crane boom.
• Check out all the mechanical functions like the rotating crane, working winch, outriggers, boom, plus the lifting axle which pulls down extra wheels for uneven loads – a first for LEGO® Technic™!
• This truck toy set makes a cool gift for kids and teens aged 11 and up who love mechanical toys. It’s also a great set for kids and adults to explore together while learning about engineering.
• This tow truck with crane model measures over 8.5 in. (22 cm) high (with crane down), 23 in. (58 cm) long (with boom down) and 5.5 in. (14 cm) wide (with outriggers up).
• Steer the truck by rotating the pin on top of the roof. Open the hood to see the 6-cylinder inline engine with moving pistons.
• Classic tow truck design details include the authentic grille, air filters and fresh color scheme.
• The LEGO® Technic™ universe offers advanced building toys for LEGO fans who are ready for their next building challenge.
• LEGO® Technic™ components meet rigorous industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time.
• LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet strict global safety standards.
What do you think of the LEGO Technic Heavy-Duty Tow Truck 42128? Comment below!
Support the website
Do you enjoy the content? I spend 2-3hrs a day trying to provide LEGO news and deals. If you do, please consider purchasing from our affiliate links to support the website. Thank you!